COURSE CONFLICT FORM – ECE Department
IMPORTANT - read thoroughly:
- This form is for ECE students wishing to take courses that have a timetable conflict. Students in departments other than Electrical & Computer Engineering must follow the procedure on their own department’s website.
- Ensure that there are no conflict-free section combinations available before submitting a request form.
- Use 1 form for each conflicting set of courses (usually it’s 2 courses, but if more are involved add lines below).
- If there is no instructor currently assigned to the course please select "UG Admin" in which case the UG Admin will be notified.
- If you cannot find the assigned instructor in the list please select "Not Listed Here" and provide their email address.
- Before submitting a Conflict request, make sure that there will be no problem when we attempt to enroll you in the conflicting courses/sections – i.e. such as Permission is required for you to take the course/s, or there are too many units for the term (see the webpages about Overloads and Permissions). Those requests must be submitted AND approved first!
- Once authorizations from the instructors are obtained, staff members will enroll you as per the data you have entered on the request form. This request form will be sent to the instructors that you indicate below, or their appropriate signing authority.
- Watch your timetable for the course/s to appear. This can take several weeks, so be patient. You will be contacted if there is a problem.
- Authorization of a Conflict does NOT equal a seat in the course.
- Submission of this form is equal to electronic signature.
- By submitting this request the student accepts all responsibility for the academic risks involved in enrolling in courses that have conflicting components.